What is the Career Access Lab?
The Career Access Lab (CAL) provides comprehensive career readiness support to job seekers and those looking to advance their careers.
CAL’s 15-week Program Includes:
- Resume workshops and events
- Introduction to LinkedIn
- Tips on setting up your online job search
- Networking skills and events
- Community Resources
- Elevator Pitch
- Guide to U.S. work culture
- Cover letter workshops
- Mock interview skills and event
After Completing the Program, Participants Will Have:
- An up-to-date and well-constructed U.S. resume
- A well-written cover letter
- Experienced a mock interview
- Accounts on reputable job search and professional networking sites, such as LinkedIn and Indeed
- The right tools needed to find meaningful work and career advancement
Find Additional Resources to Support Your Career:CAL Career Resource Directory
Motivated Job Seekers Interested in Enrolling in CAL:
The Intake Process:
Once we have received your CAL Registration Request, we will follow up with an email to schedule an over the phone interview.
This begins the Intake Process, which will be followed by a virtual interview, to further discuss your educational background as well as career goals.
The Career Access Lab is a 15-Week Program, that follows a Winter and Spring academic calendar. Career Groups are scheduled to begin in January and March of each year.
Important information to note:
- After you have completed the CAL interest form, you will be contacted to begin the intake process for the next cohort.
- Once accepted into the program, you can expect to be enrolled in a cohort scheduled to begin in 2024.
- If the January 2024 class schedule does not align with your personal schedule, or perhaps you’ve missed the deadline, you may be enrolled in the Spring 2024 program.
Please complete this form to be contacted about enrollment in the CAL Program:CAL Interest Form Fall 2023
Questions? Call 781-395-2374
Volunteer Support for 2024 Career Groups
Are you interested in helping local immigrants reach their career goals?
Do you have relevant personal job search experience, or have you worked in HR or in the career services field?
Volunteers will be needed to support learners enrolled in our 2024 Career Group Program! Opportunities include providing one-to-one support during one of our CAL events, or attending one or more meetings of our Career Group Program to provide support and share your experience with CAL learners.
Volunteers will be contacted in the Fall of 2023 by our AmeriCorps Service Member.
Interested in volunteering with CAL? Please complete this form:Volunteer with CAL
English At Large
Leadership Support Provided by
Like us on Facebook
Subscribe to our newsletter
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: English At Large. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact